How do I know if joining a CSA is right for me? I don’t want to pay all that money and then be disappointed.
It is true that the CSA model is not for everybody.
With respect to the Food CSA, you probably ARE a good candidate if, in addition to desiring natural, locally grown, farm-fresh food, you possess one or more of the following characteristics:
– you and your family have the time to cook and like cooking and preparing meals or dishes from scratch;
– you and your family like to cook and are willing to experiment with new ingredients and recipes;
– you are okay with occasionally getting something in your box of which you aren’t particularly fond
– your schedule permits you to regularly make the drop-off time and location.
You are probably NOT a good Food CSA candidate if:
– there are more than one or two vegetables and/or herbs that you and your family do not like;
– you and your family like fresh food but do not have the time to prepare it;
– you and your family do not like “surprises”, i.e., to experiment with foods you have not ever eaten;
– you are not willing to be creative when your box contains something you do not like
– you know in advance that your schedule is such that you cannot regularly make the drop-off time and location.
Whether the CSA model is or is not right for you, we encourage you to come meet us!
Target production for our Couple CSA Share is 6-8 lbs per week. It feeds a 1-2 persons adequately.